Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyd 1.0 DHCP Question

From: <patrickstjohn () gmail com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 19:20:32 -0000

After some work I've gotten things at least a little closer to working.

honeyd.conf
-------------
create xp
set xp personality "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1"
set xp default tcp action reset
set xp default udp action reset
set xp default icmp action open
set xp uid 32767 gid 32767
<I'll have various scripts set up after this when I get
it working>
dhcp xp on eth0 ethernet "mac address in quotes"

The only problem is that it isn't grabbing an ip address from the dhcp server (or at least it's only showing an
169.254.x.x). Is there a configuration file for this I'm missing? This is on Fedora Core 3 with a static ip. I've had
dhcp running on here before though so I know the dhcp works just not for the virtual honeypots. Thanks again for any
insight.

Patrick