Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: SF new column announcement: Time to Dump IE

From: Patrick Diebold <p.diebold () arcor de>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:53:24 +0200

Hi Ryan,

Maybe it's a bit like shooting sparrows with cannons, but "Rational
Suite-Testsuite" allows to script the users behaviour - open IE and type url
and click buttons etc.
The data filled into boxes e.g. can be read from a database (which could
contain your URLs) even randomly.
You still need a detection mechanism for changes of the system.

Probably there are similar Test-Suite that is cheaper?

- Patrick