Honeypots mailing list archives

SF new column announcement: Time to Dump IE

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:55:25 -0500

The following columnist commentary was published on SecurityFocus today;

Time to Dump Internet Explorer
By Scott Granneman  June 17, 2004 7:54am PT

It's time to tell our users, our clients, our associates, our families,
and our friends to abandon Internet Explorer.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/249

MODERATORS NOTE:
What would be interesting is using a 'client' honeypot. Take a clean install of a Win32 system, then have IE on it connect to hundreds of random websites. See if any of the websites makes 'unauthorized' modifications to your 'client' honeypot :)