Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: question about honeyd 0.6a (linux)

From: Christopher J Carella <ccarella () thedigitalstate net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:55:06 +0000

Han,

so, my question is: Is that possible to let honeyd accept such connection
from the hosting machine ? (actually, I believe it succeeded once, but I
can't repeat it, I don't know what happened.)

I'm not sure what your goal is... but if your just looking to play
around with honeyd, and you only have one system, try User Mode
Linux. I set up a User Mode Linux with a private IP range
(i.e. 10.0.0.0), and access the honeypots from the host... it makes
things easy for debugging and development.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Christopher J Carella <ccarella () ists dartmouth edu>
Security Research Engineer

"640 K ought be enough"
Bill Gates , 1984