Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Project Help

From: Christopher J Carella <ccarella () thedigitalstate net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:03:26 +0000

This is a great List and I am glad to finally post something. I have been involved with honeypot research for over a
year now at my university. I am petitioning for an independent study this semester involving production honeypots and
was wondering if anybody could take a look at my proposal. I must propose the work to a selected professor and want
this project to be something that is feasible to accomplish over the course of one semester. Any feedback would be
greatly appreciated. New avenues to meet the goals described are not frowned upon. Please e-mail me at the address
below and I will send the proposal to the interested party. Thanks in advance.

The HoneyNet Project has some suggestions on the web
http://project.honeynet.org/research/index.html

Some of those projects perhaps would take longer than one semester,
but you could take a subset of the problem, and perhaps expand your
work into a Thesis of some kind..

Cheers,
Chris

--
Christopher J Carella <ccarella () ists dartmouth edu>
Security Research Engineer

"Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious"
  -- Orwell 1984 p. 70