Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Introducing the Tactical Honeynet Deployment Project

From: Greg Tracy <greg () sixx com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:00:12 -0700

Makes sense. But aren't black hats also on the lookout for easy prey/insecure hosts from which they can launch other targeted attacks? And a good honeypot should look like a production server to pull them away from the true targets, right? I would think that df and ps should turn up exactly what would look right for the machine it's supposed to be. Or am I way off base?

Thanks for replying!
Greg