Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Scans are way up, attacks are down??

From: Chris Paul <chris.paul () rexconsulting net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:52:44 -0700

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:45:42 +0100
"lsi" <stuart () cyberdelix net> wrote:

John,

What I noticed is that as the SoBig virus went up, the number of spams I received went down.

See chart here: http://cyberdelix.net/media/spamtrak.gif

The lowest dip is August 15, 3 days before Sobig.

Does this mean BOFH's stop spamming because they are configuring their viruses???

Perhaps some of the home-spammers got hit with the virus. Easily could explain part of it. Depends on what you mean by
spam.

CP

--
Chris Paul
Rex Consulting - Messaging and Security Solutions