Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Does it really take so long to get a bite?

From: "Anton A. Chuvakin" <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:35:54 -0500 (EST)

All,

I saw these two lines in messages:

and it didn't get compromised for the 1.5 years I had it running.  Lots

vs

As far as the Sparc honeypots are concerned, they are definitely
attacked as well. My Sun Blade at home gets some hits directed at

And it got me thinking again of how it might depend upon the IP address.
Would it not make sense to try to compare scans for the same service for
various honeypots running on different IPs?  The question is how to make
the comparison without disclosing the honeypot IP address?

Best,
--
  Anton A. Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA
     http://www.chuvakin.org