funsec mailing list archives

Re: Amazon customer service

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:55:43 -0400

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)
<michael.blanchard () emc com> wrote:
Well there we go, I will never ever EVER buy a Kindle.....  if they can do this to Linn, they can do this to
anyone...  wiping the kindle of all the purchased books?  Without giving a refund????  And without giving ANY
information as to why or what she supposedly did wrong???  Wow, my next call would be to a lawyer

There was a little more to the story, but it looks like Amazon
re-activated the account: "Rights? You have no right to your eBooks,"
http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/simon-says/2012/10/rights-you-have-no-right-to-your-ebooks/.