funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Skills gap"?

From: Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:36:55 -0800

Yes, I actually built real networks. :-)

- ferg

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)
<michael.blanchard () emc com> wrote:

Don't Cisco certs require you to perform a function on real equipment?  Or did they remove that piece :-(

  The tester would "break" a network in such a complex manner that the testee would have to dig deep into their
practical knowledge to make it work again... within the allotted time period...

 I always liked that as a valid "test" of knowledge actually...

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772