funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Skills gap"?

From: John Bambenek <bambenek.infosec () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:39:03 -0600

Oh, some people try to write a good test and we can have a nice discussion about psychometrics and the lot, but at the end, we haven't even figured out K-12 testing. It's a hard problem with no solution.

In our field, we need to be able to DO things, not be able to recite knowledge. And testing the ability to DO things in an objective way can be kinda hard.

So, until then, resume your regularly scheduled hoop jumping and ransom-pay for your CISSP certs ;)