funsec mailing list archives

Re: Public Policy and Consumer ISP Hygiene (was Comcastpop-ups)

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:09:05 +1300

Rich Kulawiec wrote:

[lots of good stuff snipped]
It is this utter failure of responsibility, this profound negligence,
that I think is every bit as much a threat as The Bad Guys.  It allows
them to operate with impunity, since they know that any action will
very likely be slow, ineffective, and easily countered.

Yep, and all this starts (or, at least, is heavily reinforced) at the
top of the Internet oversight "pyramid" with the monetization and
corporatization of ICANN, etc, so I doubt you, like me, expect to see
any improvement any time soon...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald