funsec mailing list archives

Re: Public Policy and Consumer ISP Hygiene (was Comcastpop-ups)

From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:29:53 -0700

On Oct 19, 2009, at 12:25 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Dan White <dwhite () olp net> wrote:

If email isn't fixed (by replacing SMTP), then I'm afraid it'll wane
through attrition, and be relegated to a corporate messaging system.

I'm wondering -- through watching this thread -- if people actually
think
spam is the biggest threat we face on the Internet?

If you do, we have bigger problems than I thought...

- - ferg

Sadly, I believe it is indicative of our current capability to solve
any criminal/security problem facing consumers today on the Internet.

If you can't hit a high school fastball, there's no sense stepping
into the box against a major league pitcher.