funsec mailing list archives

Re: Public Policy and Consumer ISP Hygiene (was Comcastpop-ups)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:00:19 -0400

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 03:19:57 PDT, chris () blask org said:

Oh, I doubt it.  Spam's appeal as a topic of debate is that it is ubiquitous
and intractable.

Oddly enough, for an "intractable" problem, most sites are managing to deliver
a reasonably acceptable user experience.  I have firmly concluded that "E-mail
is about to become unusable" is another one on those things people say that
will be repeatable 5 years from now.

What worries me is what happens if the miscreants currently spamming find
something that's less visible and trackable and has a higher profit margin...