funsec mailing list archives

Re: Foiled terror plot aboard Northwest Flight 253 sparks strict security rules for air passengers

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 09:41:27 -0800

There are those who say the same is true of the IT security industry:
that we don't address the root problems because the problems keep us in
business. We know that isn't true.

I don't think anything is necessarily so black and white. As you know,
I'm still actively involved in the US Army 53 community, and I don't
think there is a single soldier on the planet who wouldn't give
significant parts of their anatomy to bring Bin Laden to justice.
Perhaps some of the civilians and the contractors are riding the gravy
train; and it's pretty obvious that Pakistan is doing just enough to
keep us sending them $$$, but not enough to accomplish the mission they
are getting the $ for; but there are hundreds of thousands of very
dedicated physical security professionals and Information
Operations/Intel types spending every waking hour trying to destroy Al
Qaeda and catch Bin Laden.