funsec mailing list archives

Re: FBI: More Guns == Less Crime

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:08:39 -0500

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:30:08 EST, Dan Kaminsky said:
I was pretty pro gun control until I had to debate it competitively in
high school.

Yikes. The data, oh god, the data.

The UK pulled all guns in the 90's. Violent crime quadrupled.

Of course.  Predators prefer prey that can't fight back. If you're dumb enough
to attack somebody who might be carrying a firearm and remove you from the
gene pool, you probably *deserved* to be removed from the gene pool.  If
the government goes and assures you that your victim won't have access to
anything more lethal than a pointy stick, your odds drastically improve.

What, you didn't actually think our intrepid miscreant was going to
behave and *also* arm themselves only with pointy sticks, did you? ;)