funsec mailing list archives

Re: FBI: More Guns == Less Crime

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 02:03:32 +0200

On 12/25/09 1:30 AM, Dan Kaminsky wrote:
I was pretty pro gun control until I had to debate it competitively in
high school.

Yikes. The data, oh god, the data.

The UK pulled all guns in the 90's. Violent crime quadrupled.

Got a reference on that by any chance?

I am a moderate on this. I believe guns are not evil, but distribution
of them should be controlled (for example, require license, no criminal
or bad psych record, and some limit on guns and ammunition outside of
the range).

That said, the numbers... oh god. Facts. Pfft.

It's a love/hate relationship between me and facts which put leave my
ideology lying on the ground, bleeding.

        Gadi.

--
Gadi Evron,