funsec mailing list archives

Re: Old Tech [WAS: Re: Hot new tech!]

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:38:05 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: chris () blask org [mailto:chris () blask org]
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:45 PM
To: Paul Ferguson; funsec () linuxbox org; Tomas L. Byrnes
Subject: RE: [funsec] Old Tech [WAS: Re: Hot new tech!]

--- On Sat, 7/25/09, Tomas L. Byrnes <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:

There are jurisdictions in the country where each head of household
is
required to designate their "reserve sheriff" who is the
responsible member who is armed.

OK, now I've changed my mind.  No-one should ever be allowed to own a
gun - particularly criminals, we should outlaw that right away - and
every government employee should be armed with at least a 50 caliber.

[TLB:] I have to figure that's tongue in cheek. It's already illegal for
criminals (convicted felons) to own guns, never mind that their
activities, crimes, are also illegal.