funsec mailing list archives

Re: cyber-9/11

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:52:40 +0300

Robert Graham wrote:
I agree that SCADA systems are extremely weak. I curl up in a ball laughing on the floor every time somebody mentions
"Smart Grid". Here is a paper I gave a couple years ago at Black Hat. It's nothing surprising, but it's first-hand
knowledge (that is, when I say SCADA is weak, it's because I've seen it for my own eyes, not because it heard it was
well docum
http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-federal-06/BH-Fed-06-Maynor-Graham-up.pdf

SCADA security is a shame and a sham. I feel asahmed of the way the
vendors act.

If China were to go to war against us, they would more likely bomb carefully selected power stations than hack in our
systems. It's easier, and more assured of success. (Causing a power blackout either through hacking or bombing is
equally an act of war).

Our electrical grid is already vulnerable to a physical attack. The question is whether we should invest