funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:11:40 -0700

It wasn't a failure of scaling; it was a failure to continue to
function in the face of the September that never ended.  While it's
something we can never truly know, I believe Usenet would have scaled
just fine if the net had merely gotten bigger, instead of
fundamentally
changing its demographics.  That change co-happened with the scaling,
but I think it wasn't the scaling that killed Usenet.

But isn't it that very "changing demographics" that makes the Internet
what it is today?