funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:22:58 +1300

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah to Donal:

Social networking is web or end system Multicast only with arbitrary
and sticky groups/topics.

Exactly.  And it isn't new.  It's been around since mailing lists and Usenet.

The thing is, that every Twittler or LinkeDin, or FaceOffBook doesn't really help
with communication, it fragments it.  ...

Some more than others and Twitter doubly so.

It doesn't surprise me at all that these lesser and lesser forms of
"communication" have become more and more popular as the art of inline
editing of electronic responses and increased use of that abomination,
top-posting, has become the de_fault_...

...  Now there is a new site to register with, and
a new technology to learn, and, in the meantime, our field, and the exploits and
vulnerabilities we need to keep up with, are racing by faster than we can cope with

Indeed.

The popularity of these sites du jour just spells "job security" to me
though...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald