funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:37:14 -0700

It takes a while to get a feel for twitter.  Gadi made many good
points about what there is to like about twitter (gee, am I agreeing
with Gadi?  :)  Yes initially it feels like people only tweet about
the inane and the mundane.

Looking through recent tweets of people I follow, I see reports on
SXSW (which I'm interested in), Lenovo's new pocket pc chingadera,
stuff on the bailout & AIG, & a place to test my web site against
every browser.  A lot of it is a tweet w/a link.  Yes, there's mundane
stuff too but it's easy to skip over.  There's a critical mass of
people you need to follow before you get over the "inane & mundane"
hump.  It helps to follow a diverse group of people, including
followees of your followees.

My impression is that most people who pooh-pooh Twitter have either
never tried it or tried it for a very short time and gave up before
getting over the aforementioned "inane & mundane hump".

The world's changing.  It's not Usenet, bang-path addresses, and
dialup BBS's any more and like it or not, we won't be going back
there.  Change with the times or be changed by them.

- Paul -