funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cybercrime as destructive as credit crisis

From: "Thomas Raef" <traef () ebasedsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:24:15 -0600

What, you don't think that the same political and economic forces that
are part of the root cause of issues in Darfur, Somalia, and the Congo
aren't
*also* part of the reason why Nigerian 419 scams are one of the few
lucrative fields in that country?

I guess living in my Chicago suburban home, I never thought of it like
that. That's why I was asking. I'm always looking for insight from
others who have a broader view of things than I do.

Thank you.