funsec mailing list archives

Re: Big Brother is listening

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:38:00 -0500

On 10/4/07, Charles PICKENS <charles.pickens () itergy com> wrote:

"spelling phonetically"

And I was not poking fun at spelling. Everyone who knows me knows that the spell-checker is the number-one life-saver
on my systems. I write way too fast to go back and spell-check by eye (even though I do know how to spell, I am a
crappy touch-typest.. Mavis Beacon, you suck!)

Mavis rocks - what are you talking about?!

My point was cultural... and I agree, it's all about selling something

Yeah, a lost holiday. But, after this exchange I found it interesting
that they celebrate this "victory" AND an "independence day" even
though this "victory" took place AFTER their "independence" and wasn't
a *real* victory since the French later took Mexico City anyway...