funsec mailing list archives

Re: Big Brother is listening

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:31:49 -0500

On 10/4/07, rms () computerbytesman com <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:

"We're hoping to stop gunfights and people using guns in the city of
Boston," Linskey said at Blackstone Park before the test. "We're hoping to
do that by showing up on crime scenes in a timely fashion."

Dream on - LA has had these sensors in place for what has to be almost
10 years now, think they don't still have gun fights in East LA?

The most effective use of the system would appear to be cutting down
on celebratory gun firing - firing a gun into the air on the 4th and
sinko-de-mayo... The offenders are generally too drunk to run or
they're at home and not wanting to move - therefore, when the cops
show up to the spot indicated by the sensors, there they are.