funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the DeclarationofIndependence ?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:33:29 -0400

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:44:46 CDT, Brian Loe said:
Yeah. We put him on the plane, but we weren't responsible.  Gotcha.

I see...so he was deported according to our laws, and sent to,
apparently, his home country. THAT country may or may not have done
anything to him but you believe...as in, have taken a leap of faith
based on your preconceived notions that Ganzales, and our country, are
evil.

Gonzales: "We weren't responsible for his removal to Syria" (we just put him
on a plane headed for Syria, and told the Syrian government he was coming).

German soldier, 1943: "I wasn't responsible for the Jews sent to the camps"
(I just put them, at gunpoint, on a train headed there).

Yes, a government *IS* evil when it admits they took an action, but then
says they weren't responsible for said action.

rephrase it to not sound so. Further, according to everything else AND
the wikipedia entry, the US did NOTHING other than hold him for a week
and return him to Syria.

"Return" him to Syria, when he was a Canadian citizen, and came from Canada,
and we knew it at the time?

I suppose if you flew to London, you'd not be upset if they decided to "return"
you to Iran, or Chile, or someplace other than where you came from?