funsec mailing list archives

Re: Never forget...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:31:39 -0500

On 9/11/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

- -- "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

So yes, it's obvious we've collectively learned nothing.  Or at least
the country's leadership hasn't - some 70% of the population doesn't
support the current policy.

A statistic I haven't yet read today...

That's 70% of Iraqis - it would be a leap to go from talking about our
leadership to what the Iraqis think.

The Iraqi government is happy with the surge and made a point of
coming out two days ago to say so. They're also happy with the
converts in, for instance, the Anbar region where they've had a huge
upswing of police recruits and a serious fall in violence. Guess what,
turns out it isn't a bunch of Iraqis who are attacking us and the
Iraqis are as tired of the foreigners as we are, or at least getting
that way.

I'll tell you who else is happy we're there, the marsh arabs... :)