funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:32:01 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 9/4/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

That would be the only argument you could win - but only if you
considered it moral to lead those 2 million to their slaughter
yourself, as in to a concentration camp, defenseless. Personally I
find it equally as bad to disarm arm a person as it is to murder them
yourself.

You think that taking someone's gun away is worse than committing murder.
So, let me guess, you'd suggest the death penalty for someone who tells
you that you can't take your gun onto an airplane.

If I am killed on a plane by some loony then whoever it was that
disarmed me is as guilty for my death as the loony. That is what I am
saying.

If you think guns and bullets are responsible for murders you'll
probably never understand this.

What I don't understand, is why gun-nuts persistently represent anti-gun
folk as having this idea.

Guns and bullets aren't responsible for murders. They are responsible for
making it easier to commit murder. And quelle surprise - when somethng is
easier to do, it gets done more often.

Let me put this in a way that will clarify things for you a bit, and
hopefully in the discussion as well:

The furnaces and gas showers were not responsible for the slaughter of
the Jews in WWII, Nazis were. But along with the Nazis, all Germans
(and their allies) of the time share that guilt because they allowed
it to happen, beginning with the registration of all firearms, then
the confiscation of "some people's" firearms and then the hauling away
of those now left defenseless.

Consider the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. The Jews there had guns. But the
Nazis still slaughtered them. Guns aren't some magic potion that makes you
invulnerable to harm. The progblem that you Americans have, is if your
government wanted to slaughter you, the popguns you own wouldn't do much
against the artillery, tanks and bombers that your government could
deploy.