funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:51:09 -0500

On 8/29/07, Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:
Allow me to step into this shitstorm.

For some reason, race got entered into this argument, which is, bluntly,
ridiculous, idiotic and completely beside the point.

This is not a question of race. It's not a question of loving guns or
hating guns.  It's not a question of which guns are cooler or not.  And
it's certainly not a question of left vs. right.

It's fundamentally a question of democracy.

First, everything from this last sentence on is beautifully said and I
agree with virtually everything (though it is hard to swallow that you
believe you have the right to self-defense, that you believe you must
exercise your rights to retain them, yet your guns are locked up and
you are out of practice with them).

That said, the issue of race had nothing to do with guns, or
democracy. It had to do with some folks' penchant for poking at the US
and some other folks' tolerance levels for such pokes. I can relate to
the latter, since that is almost always what drags me into such
fruitless arguments.

--
Thank You,
Brian Loe