funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: Black Ops Security <x () blackopssec com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:13:37 -0500

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:01:41 -0400 (EDT) From: rms () computerbytesman com Subject: Re: [funsec] wow - is a "shadow"
politician still a politician? To: "funsec" <funsec () linuxbox org>

Let me re-ask a more specific security question: How many more guns are going to be needed in private hands in order to reduce the murder
rate in the U.S from its current level of ~5.5 murders per 100,000
people to the U.K. murder rate of ~1.6 murders per 100,000 people?

Richard

maybe we should apply your logic to computer crime and spam ... and just start taking away everybody's keyboards until computer crime and spam decrease.

guns are just a tool. the real problem is that most of the criminals were raised in broken homes, or in abusive and/or neglectful environments. they were raised in communities where violence is glorified, and where basic social ideals and skills (like respect for others, honesty, hard work, abiding by laws, etc) were never instilled in them.