funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:04:39 -0400 (EDT)

The UK has a long long way to go to catch up with the U.S. in crimes
involving guns.  In 2005, there were 419,000 crimes using guns in the U.S.
 The population of the U.S. is approximately 5 times larger than the U.K.
Home come we *18* times the number of crimes involving guns per capita
than the UK?

Richard

Well, we'll have to see what he means by "getting a grip" I suppose...

UK Gun Crimes Soar After Gun Ban
http://newsmax.com/insidecover/guns_england/2007/08/26/27556.html

Gun crimes in England have almost doubled since 1997, when a ban on
firearms began.

According to the Sunday Times of London, crimes in which guns were
used numbered 4,671 in 2005-06.

Also, government officials report that most gun crime is committed by
children and teenagers under 18 years old.

David Davis, the shadow home secretary, told the Telegraph: "What this
shows is that the majority of these crimes are committed by youngsters
under 18.

"The government's policy has failed with the group most responsible
for this increase in crime. It is long past time the Government
stopped believing its own propaganda, and took measures to get a
grip."

(c) 2007 NewsMax. All rights reserved.