funsec mailing list archives

Re: WHOIS Privacy Stalemate... Again

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:15:48 +0200

* Brian Loe:

Aren't there other people, people here even, that are interested in
keeping some level of whois available to the public - besides those
big scary black helicopter types that are only trying to track your
Internet doings?!

Well, it seems to me that the current model is almost at the one
extreme of what is under consideration (regarding mandatory
disclosure).  But in my experience, even today, domain WHOIS data
lacks almost any operational value.  There doesn't seem to be any room
for improvement, and it can't get much worse, so I don't care either
way. 8-/