funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:13:20 -0400

On Mon, 21 May 2007 14:28:59 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Also add in the cost of their being here the damage they do to
property values. My sister lived in a low-middle class neighborhood in
the town I live in. ONE Mexican family moved in (with not
exaggeration, 10 people maybe? Hard to keep track. With all of them
living in a shack, with four cars, two dogs, cats that came and..never
seen again... She moved out of the neighborhood and took a loss on her
house. The wrecked the neighborhood values. The only remedy? Sue the
landlord for giving them sanctuary...which will probably not work.

Ya know, white trash does the same exact thing to property values.  Maybe even
more.  Yes, the probably underdocumented Mexicans that lived in the apartment
upstairs from me at a prior residence had 4 pickup trucks - but they were all
nicer vehicles than the '87 Tercel that I was driving at the time.

Remember, Jeff Foxworthy didn't say "If you mow your lawn and find a car,
you might be an illegal alien".