funsec mailing list archives

RE: UK: Internet User Admits 'Web-Rage'

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:16:46 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 Blanchard_Michael () emc com wrote:

I hope none of you UK folk will be needing your pickaxe handles.
Wonder how long they'll give you to turn them in.

--->  But officer!  This isn't a pickaxe handle, it's a broom handle!
Honest!

Oh, and weren't knives of the killing/self-defense sort banned
already? Was this person, who answered the door with a knife, charged
for having the contraband weapon?

Not if it was a kitchen knife. Which isn't contraband, but just as lethal.

--> I know they were thinking about it, but I sure hope that didn't pass
into law...  What would they spread their Marmite with?

A trowel.