funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] FTC Hangs Up on Telemarketers' Pitch

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:47:12 -0400

 I had this one survey taker call me every half hour until I finally picked up.  I would up putting them on my phone
numbers "rejected call list".  *89 I think it is, darn can't remember but I have it written down at home near the phone.
  I think I only have one or two phone numbers in there.  But now I think it's a crime to block the phone number you're
calling from Caller ID, so all the charities and survey numbers will be in that blocked caller list :-)

  Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580