funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] FTC Hangs Up on Telemarketers' Pitch

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:23:20 -0400

 If you ask me, the "do not call" list is backwards...  There should be an "ok to call" list that people have to opt
into , instead of a "do not call" list that people have to opt out of.

 130 million people opting out of telemarketing calls is a HUGE statement saying that pretty much no-one wants these
types of calls.  I only wish that there was a way to opt out of the charity, political, and any other unsolicited phone
call....

  Telemarketers are lower than the bottom feeders that feed on whale-poo-poo if you ask me

 Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580