funsec mailing list archives

Re: why Senator Stevens is right on Net Neutrality

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 07:32:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:
On 7/6/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
What you are missing, Dude, si that whatever his "position" is, he is our
best advocate. He is pro Net Neutrality and against the teco's. What's not
clear?

It sounds like he is backing Telco's to me.

eg:

"The whole concept is [that] we should not go into this until someone
shows there is something that's been done that really is a violation of
that neutrality."

First, you don't have to agree with all his points, second, hey, show him
examples.

He is right, we should not go and give telco's the right to filter us by
services until they give an example of why this is good.

"We have a separate Department of Defense network now, do you know
why? Because they have to get their [information] delievered immediately,

That doesnt sound like he is advocating the disabling of QoS

I don't see anything wrong with the DoD using their own network. Heck,
there is no reason for military issues to travel second to
ecommerce. That's not the Internet.

What about his other comments? Such as the ones saying, hey.. they want to
take money for what they already provide.

-JP<the easily confused>