funsec mailing list archives

Re: Question about Viruses

From: Axel Pettinger <api () worldonline de>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:10:24 +0200

Dude VanWinkle wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of since most AV still tries to
disinfect/clean a file, rather than assume it is a whole virus, that
a programmer could insert the recognized code with the unrecognized
code attached, the program would report the file being cleaned and
everything is back to normal. If this is stupid, please let me know,
as I am not a programmer and not sure if this is how things work.

This way the engine wouldnt submit the new virus to the parent
company for developers to figure out a removal procedure.

http://www.peterszor.com/idea.pdf

Have a look at the beginning of the second page ...

Regards,
Axel Pettinger