funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Finance Sector Weighs In on Net Neutrality

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:34:25 -0400

 Heh. "ditto" ... well, "supply-side" has had 25+ years now. Check your gas pump. Check your "Wal*Mart" prison labour
... just like the 80's, this whole "trickle-down" is yellowish in color.    :)

 A "market economy" has lowered wages, lowered expectations, trashed pensions, bankrupted social security as well as
the treasury, created unnecessary global conflicts, made MANY enemies who seem to be gaining on "us" but yeah ... OK
... if you insist. Minda ya, this is the wrong place for politics so I won't bother since it just ain't right ... but
lemme remind ya, GAS TANK, 32% popular and Rush Limbaugh is a JUNKIE. Go ahead, stroke that stuff, SMOKE that stuff,
but the populace is lighting torches and has had ENOUGH of the stuff you're peddling. I'll leave it there.  =)

 "Faith-based paychecks." I can do that. Behold ... HERE is my OWN gospel, see how it fits yours ...

---
         Alexander Tyler, (in his 1770 book, 'Cycle of Democracy' )

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote
themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that  moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
promising them the most benefits  from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over a
lousy fiscal responsibility, always followed by a dictatorship. The average of the world's great civilizations before
they decline has been 200 years.

 These nations have progressed in this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great
courage; from courage  to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to
complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; from dependency  back again to bondage."
---
 Now TELL me about "God's Own Party" (GOP) and why I should even attempt to pretend to buy this bullsquirt anymore
after 25 years of PROOF of the end result?    =)

 Sorry, I'm AARP ... BEEN there, DONE that ... and the promise of the "uber-republic" has come home to roost with a PR
sheet ... nope.