funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Finance Sector Weighs In on Net Neutrality

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 16:06:03 -0500

You're wrong on more levels than I care to address, but here's two:

1) There is no better system than the free market system. In the days
when it was experienced, it was beautiful. YOU have not experienced
it, regardless of where you live. THIS (what we have in the US) is not
a free market. It IS, however, the most free market around...

2) Cable companies DO own the wires, where I live and probably where
you live. They are not reselling a telco's bandwidth or connectivity
or anything else - they're in direct competition with one another.
They're also offering long distance services with their Internet and
VoIP offerings. The local telco is now AT&T again (as it always should
have been - if the market were free) and they're offering all of those
services as well as pimping satellite television programming. THAT is
deregulation - and it works splendidly. I've worked for both Sprint
and AT&T - during the beginnings of deregulation - and as much of  a
nightmare that process has been, its worth it in the end.

Oh yeah, why do you think DSL is underpriced? Where do you live?!!