funsec mailing list archives

Re: An OCR plug-in for Spamassassin

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:02:35 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, der Mouse wrote:

At the risk of helping the scumbag spammers, imagine what you could
easily achieve with overlaid images each with a large-ish area of
transparency and partial representation of each letter.

Just means you have to render the whole mail before OCRing, rather than
trying to OCR the individual images.

Some of the spam I get is in Japanese, or Korean, or something. OCR that.

No, the future of spam is to make it more and more incomprehensible, like
about 90% of the spam I'm currently getting.