funsec mailing list archives

RE: AOL Charged With Blocking Opponents' e-Mail

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:02:49 -0400

Just curious but why so much emotion invested in goodmail and what people
say or think about it?

It's true I'm really worked up about this. I think it's amount of outright
lying I've seen by Goodmail's opponents.

I can think of ways of subverting each and every requirement.  Can you?

I think you're exaggerating. It would be very, very hard and expensive to
subvert all of these. It wouldn't be worth it, and even if you did and
abused the certificate it could be revoked quickly.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.eweek.com/blogs/larry%5Fseltzer/