funsec mailing list archives

Re: turn in your knives!

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:42:51 -0500

On 5/30/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Or they understand the issue better than you do.

<SNIP FOR EFFECT>

> I think you're completely wrong here and I think folks like Drsolly
> prove it. There are several arguments for guns (rights, self-defense,
> hunting, etc.) and only one against them (people can get killed) which

That's a pretty good one, you know.

No, its a pretty childish one, and not very useful. For instance, a
child is killed more often by falling into a 5 gallon bucket than a
firearm, per year, in the US. Ban 5 gallon buckets. More people are
killed by automobiles than any other cause, per year, in the US. Ban
cars.

If you're truly concerned with the life and death of folks, surely
firearms would be the least of your worries - these are just two
examples from the leading cause of death in the US. There are plenty
more where they came from, and all of them rank higher than firearms.