funsec mailing list archives

Re: Could 9/11 Be A Conspiracy?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:10:42 -0700

On 3/26/06, Stephen Villano <stephen.villano () us army mil> wrote:
The forward momentum isn't being considered as to the wings and fuel. Slipstream effect also will carry a fair amount
of debris, in this case fuel into the breach of the ancient walls (World War II building that was cosmetically
renovated.
I inspected a fair amount of that age mortar, it's fairly friable. Put a 2 foot wall with that mortar holding
limestone together, send a jumbo jet at it with me on the other side and you'll seem me running FASTER than the jet!
------------------------------------
Ok, I will admit that I was wrong to think pentagon might be a hoax, I
learned some new stuff and that always offsets the pain of being wrong
:-)

As for the hint of unlimited budget, this is the ONLY conflict I have ever reviewed (and I've reviewed more than a
few, including the not so cold war) where budgets were CUT during it. Of course this isn't really a war as Congress
has yet to declare war on anyone...
-----------------------------------
I was pretty pissed when I found out soldiers and hummers didnt have
body armor, but we had enough money to make sure Haliburton could
war-profiteer

Frankly this isn't quite a cluster-fuck, it's more like a gaggle-fuck on ice... Only with lots and lots of guns. The
Peacetime mentality is heavily in place WITH wartime security and planning.

The *REAL* question is: Are we doing the right thing? My vote is emphatically YES! Is it possible we could be doing
the right thing for the wrong reason, hence the wrong way? Again yes. Can we do better? Probably, but at this point
the matter is a moot discussion for future historians. Too many missteps have been made before, during and after 9-11
to "correct" for.

------------------
I respectfully disagree with you on this point. I am not sure if Iraq
is a "misstep" or  a misleading.

I lost 5 men to this conflict (god, I hate that word, but war has not been declared). Two were close personal
friends. One is dead, the other is f'd up for life and disabled
-------------------------
My condolences,
-------------------------

 They believed in what they were doing, not for brainwashed reasons,
but for personal experience reasons that they saw in the faces of
mothers, fathers and children every day during their service.
----------------------------
That's the hard part for me. I hate to see people suffer, and the
civilians were suffering. You are right in that we have a
responsibility to correct our error, and now that we initiated
violence it seems we are stuck with that as our only avenue. Or
rather, not our only avenue, but the only avenue the people feel they
can respond with. We might be seeing some of the pent up aggression
Iraqi's had for Saddam being directed at us. We may been seen by many
to be the same America that put Saddam in power, or just another
authoritarian who wont let them live the way they want to. Or it could
just be other forces in the world who hate us are using Iraqi's to
muster an army they couldnt raise in their own country.

Its good to hear that some of the mothers, fathers and children dont
feel that way. Is there any possibility we can convince the people we
dont have

What would happen if Diebold invaded America, admitted they were wrong
for electing him in the first place, killed a shitload of people who
were in the military (and more than a few civilians) then disposed of
GWB, and put someone who they liked into power, would I ever stop
trying to regain control of this country? Would you? Is that how we
are seen over there?

Is there any way to prevent the forces that want to control Iraq from
whipping the Sunni's and Shi'a's into civil war?

Have we f'd up in ways that demand a crown and royal title? Yes, we've royally f'd up. We've f'd up before long
before any of us have been born, we've f'd up since, we'll f-up again. It's called being human. Get used to it, this
isn't some science fiction book where we're all perfect.
What we are exceptionally good at is making up for the f-up and making things better in the future (at least for a
time, until the next f-up).
Don't come crying to me about what we are doing or have done wrong. Suggest a solution that is rational, not a
retreat because you are too morally corrupt to find a proper solution to our debacle of the week.
--------------------------------
Ok, since I was initially talking about 911 and not Iraq I dont know
how to respond to this one, except to say I like the morals the same
way I like my politicians: Corrupt!

Better yet, don't come bitching to me about *ANYTHING* military until *YOU* have looked into a mans eyes that you
have just killed, all not for king and country, only so you and your team can go home to family. Because, no matter
what the parades and press may say, that is what it really comes down to. I still have some nightmares over an
"incident". I wouldn't trade it away though as it prevented some possibility that would've been far worse. There are
unpleasant things done to keep life pleasant for you. Don't be uncomfortable, be thankful. It's a little thing called
life.
I think you may be confusing me with someone else, but let me know if
you want to see the response to this that I self-censored.

Now if you will excuse me, I will go to bed to better prepare for another day in the Middle East...

Like I said, stay safe, and bring as many ppl as you can home safely
with you. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

-JP