funsec mailing list archives

Re: Oops: McAfee Update Exterminates Excel

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:49:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:13:33 CST, "Joe Jaroch (Tera Innovations, Inc.)" said:
scan in most cases) a few million 'clean' files. With fast enough
computers that I'm sure McAfee could afford, this process takes just a
couple minutes.

Weasel words in a EULA are even cheaper than fast computers and the liveware
time spent waiting 10 minutes on the results every hour....

Weasel words in a EULA do you no good at all if people don't buy your
product. McAfee management will be acutely aware that they *cannot* afford
for this to happen again any time soon, and they will currently be having
meetings on how to redesign their QC. I'd predict that this will include
hiring a bunch of people, and spending a big bunch of money on computers.