funsec mailing list archives

Re: Oops: McAfee Update Exterminates Excel

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:35:26 GMT

Well, I'm sure there have been more than a couple of "Come-to-Jesus"
meetings at NAI/McAfee -- they just got a new COO this week, too. :-)

- ferg

-- Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Weasel words in a EULA do you no good at all if people don't buy your
product. McAfee management will be acutely aware that they *cannot* afford
for this to happen again any time soon, and they will currently be having
meetings on how to redesign their QC. I'd predict that this will include
hiring a bunch of people, and spending a big bunch of money on computers.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net