funsec mailing list archives

FW: iDefense Labs Quarterly $10K Hacking Challenge

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:32:22 -0500

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: labs-no-reply () idefense com [mailto:labs-no-reply () idefense com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:28 PM
To: bugtraq () securityfocus com; full-disclosure () lists grok org uk
Subject: iDefense Labs Quarterly Hacking Challenge

iDefense Labs is pleased to announce the launch of our quarterly hacking
challenge. Going forward, on a quarterly basis, we will select a new focus
for the challenge and outline the rules for vulnerability discoveries that
will qualify for the monetary rewards.

For the current quarter, iDefense Labs will pay $10,000 for each
vulnerability submission that results in the publication of a Microsoft
Security Bulletin with a severity rating of critical. In order to qualify,
the submission must be received by midnight EST on March 31, 2006. The
$10,000 prizes will be paid out following the publication of the Microsoft
Security Bulletin and will be paid in addition to any amount paid for the
vulnerability when it is initially accepted.

Further details on the iDefense Vulnerability Contributor Program (VCP) can
be found at:

        http://labs.idefense.com/vcp.php

Further information about iDefense Labs, including access to open source
tools can be found at:

        http://labs.idefense.com

Michael Sutton
Director, iDefense Labs