funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: iDefense Labs Quarterly $10K Hacking Challenge

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:36:05 -0500

On 2/15/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:59:28 PST, Blue Boar said:
Now see... that's enough money to actually get me interested.  (Not that
I really have the skills to find a critical MS vuln at will, but in
principle, I mean.)  If I'm going to report to MS anyway, why not let
iDefense pay me $10K along the way?

You may not have the skills to do it "at will" (nor do I), but it's certainly
enough to at least tempt me to set up a sacrificial box and bash on it for
a long weekend with a fuzzer.

Of course even after you find the vuln then report it, you may have to
wait a few years to collect your winnings per...

"The $10,000 prizes will be paid out following the publication of the Microsoft
Security Bulletin and will be paid in addition to any amount paid for the
vulnerability when it is initially accepted."

-JP