funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: iDefense Labs Quarterly $10K Hacking Challenge

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:13:47 -0500

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:59:28 PST, Blue Boar said:
Now see... that's enough money to actually get me interested.  (Not that
I really have the skills to find a critical MS vuln at will, but in
principle, I mean.)  If I'm going to report to MS anyway, why not let
iDefense pay me $10K along the way?

You may not have the skills to do it "at will" (nor do I), but it's certainly
enough to at least tempt me to set up a sacrificial box and bash on it for
a long weekend with a fuzzer.

Which is probably what iDefense is hoping a lot of people do....