funsec mailing list archives

Re: Chicago: Daley Wants Security Cameras at Bars

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:39:40 -0500

 I'm just *SO* glad that I live way out in the sticks and Privacy Software Corp is also out here in the mountains of
upstate New York. There's nothing to blow up here but Bambi, and we'd welcome it. Them pesky Bambis eat our crops. Heh.
What was it that Osama said was his "mission?"

" I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The United States government will lead the American
people and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life." (Osama bin Laden, Al-Jazeera interview,
21Oct01; reported on CNN's Wolf Blitzer reports,
31Jan02)[fn.<http://www.users.cloud9.net/%7Ebradmcc/footnotes2.html#fn51>51]

 We don't need Osama, we've got republicans. They're doing far more damage than "towelheads" could ever do, and at an
accelerated rate. I grew up in New York City. Bombs went off often over the past 55 years of my life and even before I
was born. TRUE New Yorkers, upon seeing the street erupt in an explosion, tossing a manhole cover up in to the air are
conditioned to yell out "heads" and wager on where it would land. Obviously, Americans are pussies in even allowing
this.    :(

full text here: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/worldview/story/0,11581,845725,00.html

 Sorry for the political outburst, but this REALLY honks me off. Round up the politicians, send them off to Gitmo and
perhaps sanity can prevail. But not with THESE guys. I have YET to meet anyone who's gotten off this planet and stayed
off alive. Folks are far more likely to be hit by a bus or win the lottery and yet, we're supposed to wet out pants
over this. I'm a LOT more afraid of being shot by Cheney.    :)

 Osama's specifics (apparently not quite revealed to the American public can be read here for what it's worth) ... it
DOES explain his motivations, published back in 2002 not that I agree with it ... it sadly sounds like so much of the
anti-Jewish tripe from our very own loose wingnuts who perennially spotted black helicopters and a commie behind every
woodpile. However, many of the assertions are logical, even if they sound like watching Pat Robertson on the teevee ...

 But like I said previously, I'm not so worried about Osama as I am about fundamentalist loonies actually calling the
shots, no matter WHICH side they're on. Frankly, I think I'd rather be blowed up like it was in the old cold war than
having to listen to ANY of these fools spouting their silliness. I guess what I mean to say is that back in the 1950's,
when thousands of mushroom clouds could sprout without 15 seconds' warning, WHY are we cowering to any of this
silliness, and VOTING for people who insist upon PEDDLING this crap to get elected?   :(